- CONTEST PARTIES. Contest is sponsored by Loblaws Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and the grand prize is provided by Mastercard International Incorporated (“Prize Provider”), (collectively the “Contest Parties”).
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest starts at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 30, 2020 and closes on February 26, 2020 11:59:59 PM ET (the “Contest Closing date”) (collectively the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to enter and win this Contest, you must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec), who is the age of majority or older in your province or territory of residence, at the time of entry. By participating in this Contest, you agree that you:
- HOW TO ENTER. THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter you must do any of the following:
- LIMITS AND VERIFICATION. All Entries, Registrations, PIN Code, Eligible Transactions, Email Notifications and any other type of information in any way connected to this Contest (collectively, “Contest-related Information”) and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) exceed any of the limits stated in these Rules; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, accounts, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves its right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity, eligibility and/or compliance with these Rules (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purpose of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purpose of verifying the eligibility and/or compliance of any Contest-related Information submitted (or purportedly submitted) with these Rules; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purpose of administering this Contest in accordance with the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). Disposable email addresses cannot be used for the purposes of this Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Contest-related Information, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to who has submitted any given Registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. A potential winner may be required to show proof of being the applicable authorized account holder associated with the Registration in question. All Contest-related Information is the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. For greater certainty, PIN Codes, and Entries remain the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and can be revoked or invalidated by the Sponsor at any time and for any reason, and entrants will not be granted any type of rights (including without limitation property rights) in or to PIN Codes, or Entries. The Sponsor reserves the right to contact any registrant whose email address is submitted as part of this Contest for the purpose of administering this Contest.
- PRIZES. (a) Grand Prize. There is one (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize”) available to be won by the Grand Prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) consisting of: a 5-day, 4-nights trip for two (2) to Maui, Hawaii in the United States which shall include:
- WINNER SELECTION. (a) GRAND PRIZE WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: On or about March 9 2020 (the “Draw Date”) in Toronto, Ontario around 5:00:00 PM ET, the Administrator will select one (1) entry by way of random draw (“Grand Prize Draw”) from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of being selected as a potential Grand Prize winner are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received by the Sponsor. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by e-mail, and to complete, sign and return the Release (described below) including confirmation of eligibility and compliance with these Rules. The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide an alternative to the mathematic skill-testing question or vary the requirements to perform any skill-testing component of the Contest to accommodate entrants with physical or cognitive disabilities.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
- (i) have read and understand these Official Rules (the “Rules”);
(ii) meet the Contest eligibility requirements;
(iii) agree to be legally bound by the Rules; and
(iv) agree to comply with, and abide by, the Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (defined above) whose decisions shall be final.
Employees, officers, directors, agents or representatives of the Contest Parties, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the family (defined as a parent, spouse, sibling or child) and household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest and any failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
(a) WITH PURCHASE using a valid Mastercard® credit card. Purchases made with “Mastercard debit” accounts are not eligible for this method of contest entry. Purchases with Mastercard prepaid cards are also not eligible.
- (i) WITH ELIGIBLE IN STORE TRANSACTION: RECEIVE A PIN CODE CONTEST CARD (as defined below)when you use a valid Mastercard® credit card to make a qualifying in-store purchase at a Joe Fresh® store in Canada or at the Joe Fresh counter checkout of any of the following participating Loblaws Inc. banner stores that have a Joe Fresh® department: Real Canadian Superstore®, Atlantic Superstore®, Dominion®, Maxi & Cie®, Provigo® Loblaws®, Zehrs® Extra Foods®, Your Independent Grocer® Ontario and West, Fortinos® and No Frills® Ontario and West, Wholesale Club West Retail, and Freestanding Stores (each a “Store”) during regular Store hours between January 30, 2020 and February 26, 2020 (the “Transaction Period”) (collectively, an “Eligible Transaction”) you will receive one (1) Contest Card (the “Contest Card”) while supplies last. For Mastercard® purchases other than with a President’s Choice Financial® Mastercard®, limit of one (1) Contest Card per Eligible Transaction (while supplies last), regardless of total dollar value of Eligible Transaction. President’s Choice Financial® Mastercard® Cardholders Bonus Entries: Eligible entrants who use their President’s Choice Financial® Mastercard® credit card to make a qualifying in-store purchase (as described above) receive one (1) bonus Contest Card per Eligible Transaction (while supplies last), regardless of total dollar value of Eligible Transaction.
(ii) WITH ELIGIBLE ONLINE TRANSACTION: RECEIVE A PIN CODE BY EMAIL ISSUED WITH ANY ONLINE PURCHASE OF ELIGIBLE JOE FRESH PRODUCTS, MADE USING YOUR MASTERCARD. Eligible entrants who use their valid Mastercard® credit card to make a qualifying online purchase at joefresh.com/ca between January 30, 2020 and February 26, 2020 (the “Transaction Period”) (collectively, an “Eligible Transaction”) will receive one (1) email with one (1) PIN Code. Limit of one (1) email with PIN code per Eligible Transaction (regardless of total dollar value of Eligible Transaction).
President’s Choice Financial® Mastercard® Cardholders Bonus Reward: Eligible entrants who use their President’s Choice Financial® Mastercard® to make a qualifying online purchase (as described above) receive 20,000 bonus PC Optimum points with a minimum $100 single purchase of merchandise after any discounts. Entire payment must be made on a valid PC Financial Mastercard®. Offer only available online. Offer valid January 30 2020 12:00am EST until February 26 2020, 11:59pm EST. Limit one offer per transaction during the offer period. Offer can be used multiple times throughout the offer period over multiple transactions. All orders are subject to product availability and the terms of the Joe Fresh website. President’s Choice Bank provides president’s Choice Financial Mastercard®.
COMPLETE CONTEST ENTRY BY ENTERING PIN CODE ONLINE: You will receive one (1) Entry for each unique PIN Code that you enter during the Contest Period. To enter contest, visit at joefresh.com/hawaii (the “Contest Website”) and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the entry process which will require you to:
- (i) Enter a PIN Code (as defined above) by March 3, 2020 [by 11:59:59pm];
(ii) Agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules, and
(iii) Enter your first and last name and email address.
(iv) Click the 'ENTER NOW' button to complete entry.
(b) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY ENTRY (“NPN”): Clearly print your first name, last name, email address, telephone number, complete mailing address (including postal code), and age at time of entry on a plain piece of paper along with a minimum 50 word unique and original essay in English or French stating “Why you would love to win the Priceless Hawaiian Getaway” (the “Topic”). Mail it to: Priceless Hawaiian Getaway c/o Loblaws Inc. at 2 Atlantic Avenue, Toronto, ON, M6K 3E7. Each mail-in entry must be mailed in a separate envelope, bearing sufficient postage. Entry must be submitted in English or French. Computer generated or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted. An entry submitted by regular mail must be postmarked no later than February 26, 2020, and identifiable as a Contest Entry from its outer envelope.
All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than March 6, 2020, regardless of method of entry. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Prize.
- (i) round-trip economy airfare for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her one (1) guest (the “Guest”) leaving together from the Canadian International gateway airport closest to winner’s home (Vancouver, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal, Halifax or St. John’s) to Maui (Kahului Airport (OGG) or airport closest to the hotel)
(ii) round trip ground transportation for the Grand Prize Winner and Guests between the Kahului Airport / airport that guests arrive at and the hotel of prize providers choice;
(iii) Five (5) days and four (4) nights stay at the hotel the Provider chooses with accommodations to be selected by Prize Providers, in their sole discretion for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest and
(iv) One (1) 250 USD Mastercard® prepaid card.
Winner and Guest must be available to travel on or about August 1-31, 2020 or on such dates or month as selected by the Sponsor and Prize Provider in their sole and absolute discretion.
Winner and Guest must be legally able and readily available to travel to Maui, Hawaii and must possess all necessary documentation as may be required for presentation to customs and airport personnel.
Winner and Guest will be responsible for travel and medical insurance, travel documentation, gratuities, telephone calls, all in-room charges, airport or baggage fees of any kind, and any other expense not explicitly included in the Prize.
Guest (as defined above) must (i) reside in Canada, (ii) have reached the age of majority in his or her province/territory of residence by the time the Grand Prize takes place, (iii) travel on the same itinerary as the Grand Prize Winner, and (iv) shall be bound by and must fully comply with these Rules and sign and return the Release as described below.
(b) Runner Up Prize. There are ten (10) runner up prizes available to be won by the Runner Up Prize winners each consisting of one (1) of ten (10) one-hundred dollar ($100 CDN) Joe Fresh gift cards. Gift card are subject to all terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes will be distributed within one hundred and eighty (180) days after each Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
(c) Grand Prize and Runner Up Prizes , are hereafter collectively referred to as “Prize” and “Prizes”
(d) Winners are not entitled to any monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
(e) Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred, assigned or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In the event a Prize (or any component thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason (including but not limited to force majeure or production exigencies), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute for another prize (or any component thereof) of equal or greater value, without liability. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and shall have no cash value. Any additional costs incurred in collecting and using the Prize are the sole responsibility of each confirmed winner. There is a limit of one (1) Prize per person in this Contest.
(h) The Sponsor and Prize Provider shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
- (i) The designated representative will make a maximum of three (3) attempts to contact the potential Grand Prize winner via the email address provided at the time of entry within ten (10) business days from the date of the first attempted contact to the potential winner. If the potential Grand Prize winner cannot be contacted within three (3) attempts or ten (10) business days of the Draw Date; then such potential Grand Prize winner will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Grand Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate potential winner from among the remaining eligible Entries received during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential Grand Prize winner, with the necessary amendments). If a potential Grand Prize winner cannot be verified, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the Grand Prize.
(b) RUNNER UP PRIZE WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION On or about March 9 2020 (the “Draw Date”) in Toronto, Ontario around 5:00:00 PM ET, the Administrator will select one–hundred (100) entries by way of random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of being selected as a potential Runner Up prize winner are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received by the Sponsor. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by e-mail, and to complete, sign and return the Release (described below) including confirmation of eligibility and compliance with these Rules. The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide an alternative to the mathematic skill-testing question or vary the requirements to perform any skill-testing component of the Contest to accommodate entrants with physical or cognitive disabilities.
- (i) The Administrator or its designated representative will make a maximum of three (3) attempts to contact the potential runner up prize winners via the email address provided at the time of entry within ten (10) business days from the date of the first attempted contact to the potential winner. If any potential runner up prize winner(s) cannot be contacted within three (3) attempts or ten (10) business days of the Draw Date; then such potential runner up prize winner will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Runner Up Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate potential winner from among the remaining eligible Entries received during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential Runner Up Prize winner, with the necessary amendments). If potential Runner Up prize winner(s) cannot be verified, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the Runner Up Prize.
AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE ENTRANT'S COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ELIGIBILITY) HAS BEEN VERIFIED (AS DETERMINED BY THE SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT SUCH VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
(a) LAW. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. The Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entrants or Contest-related Information.
- (a) The Releasees will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Contest Website during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Contest-related Information to be received for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems, mail service problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
(c) TERMINATION. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Rules in any way, in the event of an error human or otherwise, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
(d) LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
(e) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.