WIN A WARDROBE FOR LIFE (“CONTEST”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (“RULES”)
Open to residents of: Canada
- SPONSOR. Contest is sponsored and administered by Loblaws Inc. (“the Sponsor”).
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest starts at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 10, 2017 and closes at 11:59:59 PM ET on November 10, 2017 the (“Contest Closing date”) (collectively the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to enter and win this Contest, you must be a legal resident of the Canada, of the age of majority or older, in your province or territory or residence, at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, agents or representatives of the Sponsor its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the family and household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsor reserves the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest and any failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- HOW TO ENTER. THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You can enter by any of the following methods:
- Online Purchase: visit www.joefresh.com/ca (the “Contest Website”) and for every purchase transaction completed during the Contest Period you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right at any time to, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify entrants and void entries by persons found to be purchasing and returning clothing for purpose of obtaining entries, or otherwise engaging in disruptive or inappropriate behaviour.
- By Mail: clearly print your name, complete mailing address, daytime telephone number, and your age at time of entry on a plain piece of paper, along with a handwritten description of why you want to win a wardrobe for life (maximum of fifty (50) words), and mail it to: Win a Wardrobe for Life c/o Loblaws Inc. at 2 Atlantic Avenue, Toronto, ON, M6K 3E7. Each mail-in entry must be mailed in a separate envelope, bearing sufficient postage. Entry must be submitted in English or French. Computer generated or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted. An entry submitted by regular mail must be postmarked no later than the end of the Contest Period, and received prior to the applicable Draw Date, and identifiable as a Contest Entry from its outer envelope.
- All entries, become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Second Prize or Grand Prize.
- By entering online, by text message, or by mobile application, you agree that you are solely responsible for all data or in app charges that you incur. All such charges by your carrier. Normal Internet access phone, and usage charges may apply. Please contact your carrier for details.
- In the event of a dispute, entries shall be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the e-mail address associated with the joefresh.com account. For the purpose of the Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each entrant may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry.
- Secondary Prizes. There are ten (10) secondary prizes each consisting of: a five hundred dollar ($500 CAD) online voucher code for joefresh.com (“Secondary Prizes”, and each, a “Secondary Prize”) available to be won by the Secondary Prize winners.
- Grand Prize. There is one (1) grand prize consisting of: a joefresh.com spending allowance of thirty-five hundred dollars ($3,500 CAD) each year for twenty-five (25) years (the “Grand Prize”) to be won by the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize will be awarded in the form of an online spending account associated with the Grand Prize winner’s joefresh.com account. The allowance will be awarded at the start of each calendar year, starting January 1, 2018, and the value must be totally spent by the end of the applicable calendar year (December 31 by 11:59:59pm) or the residual value will be forfeit. For greater certainty, no amount of the Grand Prize allowance in any year can be carried forward to any subsequent year. No adjustment will be made to the amount of the Grand Prize, or to any allowance, to account for inflation, changing prices for clothing, or any other matter.
- Grand Prize and Secondary Prizes, are hereafter collectively referred to as “Prize” or “Prizes”. Grand Prize Winner, and Secondary Prize Winners are hereafter collectively referred to as a “Winner” or “Winners”.
- Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
- Prizes will be distributed within five (5) days after each Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
- If a Winner fails to comply with these Rules, withdraws for any reason, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and the Sponsor reserves the right to select another or additional entrant(s), in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, until such time as another eligible entrant satisfies the terms set out herein.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred, assigned or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute for another prize (or any component thereof) of equal or greater value, without liability, including without limitation in the event a Prize (or any component thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason (including but not limited to force majeure or production exigencies). Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and shall have no cash value.
- Shipped Prizes shall not be insured and the Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
- WINNER SELECTION. Eleven (11) Winners shall be selected as follows:
- On or about November 17, 2017 (“Draw Date”) at 10:00 AM ET in Sponsor’s offices in Toronto, Ontario, Sponsor shall select eleven (11) entrants by way of random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) Prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsor. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to fully comply with the Rules, correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered on the Release agreement (described below) and sign and return the Release. The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide an alternative to the mathematic skill-testing question or vary the requirements to perform any skill-testing component of the Contest to accommodate entrants with physical or cognitive disabilities.
- EACH SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 1, 2017 AT 5:00 PM ET AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Rules, he/she fails to comply with the terms of these Rules or voluntarily withdraws from the Contest, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsor’s sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.
- In the event of an error in the entry or drawing process, or any other aspect of the Contest, that results in more selected entrants than contemplated in these Rules, the Sponsor will conduct a random draw amongst all eligible selected entrants, to award the correct number of Prizes, after the close of the Contest Period.
- DECLARATION & RELEASE. Winners will be required to execute a legal declaration and release agreement (“Release”) that confirms the Winner’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsor of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying email notification or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
- INDEMNIFICATION. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Rules, and/or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, cellular phone, hardware or technical problems, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failure, traffic congestion or malfunction that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website or mobile application users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Contest or by any technical, human or other error or omission. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, mobile applications on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer or cellular phone related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials or applications in this Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, lack of participation, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or the Contest Website.
- CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website and made available in-store at participating Joe Fresh locations AND/OR upon request by self-addressed, stamped envelope to Win a Wardrobe for Life, Joe Fresh, 2 Atlantic Avenue, Toronto ON, M6K 1X8 throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Rules; or (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest Website or the Contest App; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any online Loblaws Inc. property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE, CONTEST APPLICATION OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- TERMINATION. Subject to the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- LAW. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
- LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Rules, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Sweepstakes may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.